- Point of Care Solutions
- Lab Solutions
- Assay Principles
- Basic Kits
- S. aureus
- S. agalactiae
- Clostridium difficile
- E. coli
- AMR-ve Genotyping
- Ps. aeruginosa
- Influenza A
- Other Microorganisms
- Reader Systems
- Software Tools
- Technical Support
- Genotyping Services
- Antibody Screening
- Product Catalog
E. coli Genotyping Kit
(item number 205400050)
The E. coli Genotyping Kit is an Array Hybridisation Kit for DNA-based detection of virulence genes in Escherichia coli isolates.
E. coli Genotyping enables you to screen multiple genetic markers in a rapid, inexpensive, robust and easy-to-use system without the complexity and investment associated with traditional glass slide arrays or multiplex PCRs.
Beside the E.coli virulence array we can offer a broader range of arrays for E. coli Genotyping:
The AMR-ve Array detects 57 resistance genes in gram negative bacterial isolate.
What are the benefits of E. coli Genotyping?
- characterises the virulence gene profile of your E. coli strains genetically
- identifies the virulence profile for all pathogenic types of E. coli and determines the underlying molecular cause of virulence
- results obtained within 24 hours
- enables the study of epidemiological outbreaks at a molecular level
- enables you to conduct surveillance at the genetic level
- enables you to study the incidence of virulence genes in a population over time or as a snapshot in a particular setting
- for use with ArrayMate and ATR 03 reader
Alere Technologies provides customised manufacturing of microarrays mounted in ArrayTube, ArrayTube2 and/or ArrayStrip. You decide which markers/genes you focus on. It is possible to adapt the existing assays/gene lists according to your requirements!
Please send either a clonal culture (e.g., suitable agar plate, stab culture or swab) or a high quality DNA preparation into our lab. We do the genotyping and you get a result file in electronic form. On request, we will perform a phenotypical characterization of antibiotic susceptibility and/or species identification by a VITEK-2 System (bioMÃ©rieux Deutschland GmbH).
For further questions please contact us!