- Point of Care Solutions
- Lab Solutions
- Genotyping Services
- Antibody Screening
- Product Catalog
Salm-SeroGenoTyping AS-1 Kit
(item number: 245700096)
Identify over 130 Salmonella serovars and their resistance genes in a single test.
The Salmonella serogenotyping kit assigns automatically the antigenic formula according to the Kauffmann-White scheme, and it additionally detects the presence or absence of antimicrobial resistance genes.
Prevent and control Salmonella outbreaks worldwide
Standardized and rapid molecular identification of Salmonella serovars and their antimicrobial resistance genes helps preventing or containing outbreaks. The new Salm-SeroGenoTyping Kit is an excellent tool for rapid, economic and multiplex identification of the genetic profile of different Salmonella serovars.
Advantages of genotyping
- Get the Salmonella serotype and antibiogram from a clonal culture within one working day (8 hours).
- Standardized method allowed comparing and sharing results worldwide.
- No need for expensive and non-standardized sera.
- Compare microarray hybridisation pattern to recognize an outbreak strain.
High throughput testing - Use the ArrayMate with ArrayStrips
What you get
- 132 different serovars can be identified automatically, including important strains like Salmonella (S.) ser. Enteritidis, S. ser. Typhimurium (bi- and monophasic) or S. ser. Infantis
- Simultaneous screening is possible for 62 antibiotic resistance genes/alleles that are known to occur in Salmonella
- Clonal isolates can be identified within one day instead 2-5 days using classical serotyping Genes coding for 28 different O-antigens and 86 different H-phases (includes H1 and H2) can be analysed
- A final report (example page 1, page 2) is generated automatically using the ArrayMate device and a specific software plugin.
Fast DNA Serotyping and Antimicrobial Resistance Gene Determination of Salmonella enterica with an Oligonucleotide Microarray-Based Assay.Sascha D. Braun, Albrecht Ziegler, Ulrich Methner, Peter Slickers, Silke Keiling, Stefan Monecke, Ralf Ehricht. Published on October 4, 2012, PLoS ONE 7(10): e46489. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0046489
Alere Technologies provides customised manufacturing of microarrays mounted in ArrayTube, ArrayTube2 and/or ArrayStrip. You decide which markers/genes you focus on. It is possible to adapt the existing assays/gene lists according to your requirements!
Please send either a clonal culture (e.g., suitable agar plate, stab culture or swab) or a high quality DNA preparation into our lab. We do the genotyping and you get a result file in electronic form.
List of referring online publications.
For further questions please contact us!